Cream Cheese and Swiss Lasagna
1.5 lbs lean ground beef (I used turkey) 1 lb Italian sausage (I used turkey sausage)
1 med finely chopped onion 3 garlic cloves, minced
30 oz tomato sauce 14.5 oz Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
6 oz. tomato paste 2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil 1 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper 9 no cook lasagna noodles
12 oz cream cheese, softened 2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 c shredded cheddar 2 c shredded swiss
Over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 min.
Spread 1 c sauce in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with three noodles. Drop a third of cream cheese by teaspoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 c mozzarella and 2/3 c each of swiss and cheddar; spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the top. Repeat layers of noodles, cheeses, and sauce twice (dish will be full). Place dish on a baking sheet.
Cover and bake @ 350 for 45 min. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 min longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 min before cutting.
Thanks for your visit at Pook and Bug.
ReplyDeleteI usually use ricotta in lasagna, and sometimes cottage cheese. I'd suppose the cream cheese would provide a good creaminess. I'm more skeptical about cheddar and swiss in there!
And, I never buy no-cook noodles- I just don't cook my noodles. If you have some time to let it sit it'll be fine, might add a bit more liquid.