Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Changing of the Plans


"Whosoever saves the life of one person it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind."


Holy Qur'an, chapter 5 vs. 32

Beach in Hawaii

I have lots of stories left from Hawaii.  Some from traveling back across the country.  A few from being back in Texas.

But...

Today, I was reflecting on how plans change.  Two years ago, I planned to never leave VA (other than for "short" vacations).  A little over a year ago, I started planning this crazy, year long sabbatical.  6 months ago, I was looking forward to going home.  Definitely in January 2015, if not before.  Back in my same (great) job, with the amazing people.  Considering settling down, buying a house, maybe even adopting a child.  Who knows?  Maybe even meeting a guy and getting married (but probably not!).  2 months ago, I found out I would not be returning to my job (totally fine).  1 month ago, another opportunity arose from next year.  It's not for sure, so I'm not going to comment on it quite yet, but it really is an amazing opportunity, and fits in perfectly with what I for years now have thought the next stage of my life would be.  And doesn't have anything to do with settling down, buying a house, adopting a child, or even returning to VA.  Which leaves things pretty up in the air from where I thought they would be at this point in my year's journey.  I still think of VA as my home, now, though, and hope to return, and maybe even someday do all those settled down things.

All that to say, prayers and good thoughts, and anything you've got to throw my way appreciated as these decisions are made, plans continue to change and evolve, and things are all sorted out.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment