Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Time to Weep, and a Time to Laugh....

Ronald Reagan



Man.  What a journey the past few weeks have been.  I'm in MN, visiting with friends, assisting with a wedding, and helping to watch children.  The wedding was a beautiful event on a boat, with a night time tour of the city from the river, including a stretch through a lock and dam, which I had never done before.  The week leading up to the wedding, however, was a mixed bag of emotions.  The last time I had been with this family (other than borrowing a bed when passing through), was through the loss of their husband/father, and to see the family becoming closer to whole again with the new husband, was bittersweet.  It has also been amazing getting to watch these kids as they grow up into beautiful adults.

Then, the night before the wedding, I went on Facebook, and found that yet another of my favorite horses had passed away.  I called him The Dude, because he was the most laid back cat (or in this case, horse), you would ever meet.  You could totally picture him on the beach with his surfer friends, uttering, "Duuuude." every 5 minutes, in various tones.  As one person put it, you could totally see him "smoking" (we won't discuss what), and going bowling for cones (inside joke).  

And so, in the midst of watching kids, and attending a wedding, and spending time with a friend I don't get to see very often, I've found myself grieving yet again.

Even with all the emotions, there have been some great moments these weeks, and I'll share them soon.  Just forgive my little break here.

No comments:

Post a Comment