Wednesday, April 2, 2014

On the Road Again........

When we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead. No need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress. We cannot take more than one step at a time.
Orison Swett Marden


First off, my thoughts and prayers are with the soldiers and families involved with the Ft Hood shooting, including the shooter's family.  They will have as hard a time (if not harder) over the coming weeks, as anyone.  We just drove by Ft Hood yesterday.  We went to the Longhorn Caverns down near Burnet, and had a blast wandering through the caverns, then out to the Kingsland Slab, and then for a short hike before heading back.  
Very ridiculously early tomorrow morning (almost today), Lucy and I are headed out towards the airport to catch a plane back to CA.  Then, FINALLY, I will have my car back and can get back on the road again.  Looking forward to continuing the trip up the west coast and then back towards Cville.  More parts are falling into place.  I didn't realize when I chose April 20th as my start date on the Appalachian Trail, that that was Easter Sunday (kind of fitting, since it is the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death).  Turns out my church is having a sunrise service, followed by a breakfast.  A friend of mine is flying in the day before, since she will use my car while I'm on the trail, so we will go to both of those things, and then she will drop me off at the trailhead, and we're off!  I will definitely be posting more in between now and then, but will probably post very little while actually on the trail.  So, wish me safe travels tomorrow, both on the road and on the plane, and most importantly, patience with the Delta people, and NO problems with Delta (this would be a miracle, I know, but I can hope, right?).  

See you on the other side....


No comments:

Post a Comment