Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just wandering....

“If we really think that home is elsewhere and that this life is a 'wandering to find home,'' why should we not look forward to the arrival?” - CS Lewis

Not wondering, just wandering.  That's my life right now.  Made it back to Charlottesville in time to hook up with some square dancing friends for a fun weekend in WV at Pipestem Resort.  But, what to do with Miss Lucy?  A friend agreed to keep her.  But, when we dropped her off, she waited until we left, and then jumped the fence.  By this time, I was already on my way out of town, so my landlord agreed to pick her up and take her back to their house until Sunday, when I would be home.  I get a text this morning.  "Remember how you said Miss Lucy didn't jump fences?"  Miss Lucy, who was perfectly content to stay in the backyard and play with Tia while I was in town, waited until I left town, and then began to dig/chew/climb her way out of their backyard.  They put her in the actual dog fence (chain link all around) at that point, and so far, she is behaving herself, and they are repairing the problem areas in the fence, in hopes that she can renew her place with Tia.  Oh, Miss Lucy....it is a good thing you are so lovable, otherwise, my landlord's husband would be REALLY mad at me right now.  He may be anyways, but, oh well....

Plans for the next few weeks.....Thankfully, my stepdad loves me enough to come and rescue me from my homeless/carless plight in VA, and take me back with him to KY, which will become my home base for the next few weeks to regroup.  I hope to maybe take in the VA and OH state square dancing conventions, before heading back down to TX (AGAIN!!!!!) to reunite with my mom and my car in time for my mom's week vacation (probably headed to CO), then the TX state square dance convention, and then we both signed up for the national square dance convention.  Lots of dancing in  my future.....

In the meantime, it's been good catching up and reconnecting with my square dance friends from VA, and will post more news from the road later....

No comments:

Post a Comment