Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reworking the AT

It feels good to be lost in the right direction. - Author Unknown

Snowy Egret hunting in the Okeefenokee Swamp

Things are starting to fall back into place again, just in a different order than they first began in.  The original plan was to leave here and go to the Grand Canyon, and hike into it, and then head up the West Coast, then to Haiti, then on the AT (Appalachian Trail, in case you were lost in the wrong direction).  The new plan means leaving here sooner rather than later (but still in 2 weeks(ish)), potentially skipping the Grand Canyon, depending on what the weather is doing there then.  If I skip the Canyon, will head across the lower part of AZ, and across to the West Coast, and travel up the coastline.  Then, cutting back across to VA prior to April 20th, which is the 2 year anniversary of my father's death.  And, that ladies and gents, is the new projected start date for my AT hike.  I also plan on going north instead of south at this point, and hopefully will run into fewer people that way.  Since my dog will no longer be hiking with me, there is the potential that another lady may be walking with me.  Or not.  We'll see.  Have you figured out yet, that nothing is set in stone on this sabbatical?  But, that's kind of the point.  Haiti is planned for the fall, though I am not sure what the dates are for that yet, and that is not set in stone at this point either.  I think if it falls through for some reason, then I may restart my hike in VA and head south on the AT after finishing the northern hike.  That way, I would complete the whole hike, which originally (quite a few months ago) was the plan.  So, now you're up to date! :-)  Will be back in the next day or so with further adventures from the cruise, and drive through the Everglades and up and across Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment