Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wow...

It's been almost a year since my last post, and what a year it has been!  Visited the UAE in March/April, and then went back to the Candian Rockies in August.  Some little trips here and there, some volunteering at horse shows, some making big life decisions.  Like, going vegetarian and.....taking a year off this year and traveling.  I'm just about 2 weeks out now from departure, and plan on updating this blog regularly along the way.  What do I have planned?  Cruise out of FL, time with my family in Texas, visiting Yellowstone and Yosemite (and lots of other parks along the way), hiking part of the Appalachian Trail, and potentially spending 2 months in Haiti.  That's still in the works.  This is the place to keep updated on where I've been, how things are going, and all things sabbatical related.  :-)  Want to help?  There are a couple of different ways.  1) Go to my GoFundMe page and just do a simple donation.  http://www.gofundme.com/60gswk?preview=1  2) Go to my REI.com and look for my gift registry.  Some of this I will use in general, a lot I will use when I head out on my hike.  3) Gift cards of any kind are always appreciated.  Right now, I'm wrapping things up at home, literally.  Packing and wrapping boxes for storage, cleaning house, etc.  Will keep everyone posted on how that's all going, and then the day to day adventures of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment