Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas

It's Christmas time again, which is kind of crazy....I've only managed one more trip in the last few months and that was to the ocean last month for a long weekend, with a stop at the norfolk zoo and VA Aquarium on the way back.  It was a nice, relaxing, well needed break, and I'm feeling the need to escape again.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything planned until a 5 day trip to Texas in January, and then....*drum roll, please*...are you ready?????  Abu Dhabi in March...for 2 WEEKS!!!! So excited.  My cousin sent me an itinerary of things to do the other day that just made me even more excited.  Indoor skiing with penguins.  Ice bar with hot cocoa and eclairs.  Hanging gardens.  4 wheeling in the desert.  Desert cuisine.  Camel rides.  Spas.  A Ferrari amusement park with the world's fastest roller coaster. A boat ride and dinner cruise.  And the list goes on.....

And we're back to Christmas.  As much as I am and want to continue to be in the Christmas mood, it just doesn't seem right.  My family is not coming up to visit.  Again.  My roomate is putting up a Christmas tree that would make Charlie Brown proud.  And it's going to be 70 degrees next week.

*whine*

I want snow.  I want a big, fuzzy Christmas tree with small twinkling lights and my ornaments, and maybe the picture twine decorating thing that I've been thinking about doing.  I want my family and friends to come visit.          And I don't want my best friend to be moving far, far away for 3 years.

 I want to get a Hillshire Farm box from my dad.  Sometimes it's the silly little things that remind me of him and make me miss him the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment