Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Different Perspective

So, there's a movie coming out (or already out or something) called, "In Time".  And in it you have a limited amount of time to live, and time is currency instead of money.  A coffee might cost 20 minutes.  But, it got me thinking.  This is already true, just in a different way.  That $5 I spent on breakfast the other morning?  That's 10-30 minutes (depending on which job I'm looking at) extra that I have to work to pay for it.  Now, for some things (like traveling), that's worth it to me.  But it makes me take an extra look at my everyday purchases. I could stop at McDonald's for $5, or I could eat something I already have at home that was probably less than $1 to make.  It may sound silly, but it's probably already saved me $20 this week!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment