Thursday, January 26, 2012

Planned traveling....

Well, working on my travel itinerary for this year, and here's what it's looking like so far:  Heading to NC this weekend for a Pampered Chef Spring Launch, in March going to New Orleans with 2 of my best and longest known friends, in July/August going to the Dakotas to work with the Lakota Indians  with my new church (more about that later), and in November (hopefully), going to go visit my cousin who lives just outside Abu Dhabi, UAE.  Probably a couple of little 3 day trips in there as well.

In other news, I've started having some Sundays off, so have been visiting a couple of churches in this area, and last Sunday, I found one I think I will stay at.  It's Crossroads Community Church, and it's small, very informal, and they do a lot of community outreach.  And, unlike my previous church, they don't care who you are or how long you've been there before you start jumping into help with things (and no 5 page trip applications!).    I've always wanted to work with Native American groups, and as soon as I saw the trip, I knew it was something I wanted to do, since part of what they are doing is medical work.  It's very exciting.

I'm also looking forward to going to the UAE.  My cousin has been there for several years now, and I've been meaning to go visit, but just hadn't made it there yet.  I was talking about doing an international trip this year, and my roommate happened to mention a fare sale to Dubai, and it reminded me I wanted to head there, so this made it on my trip list this year.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment