Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Years Questions....

1. Are there any things that you did for the first time last year?

Lots...traveled to new places (San Diego, all across Canada, etc).  Went kayaking in the ocean (San Diego).  Found and brought home my amazing mare, Morganfee.  Volunteered at a horse show.  Went on my first international emergency relief trip.  I know there were others, but can't think of any in particular right now....

2  Did you have any New Year’s resolution and did you act upon them?
Lose weight.....tried and failed.....attacking it with a renewed vigor this year....Joined a walking group, an online support group, in the process of moving to a new apartment that is more conducive to exercise, saw a dietician....

3  Did someone close to you give birth to a child?
Not close, but people from work did.

4  Did someone close to you die?
Always....it never ends.... :-)

5 Which countries did you travel to?
Canada and Haiti.
6  What do you wish for in 2011 that you missed this year?
Peace, love, and horse shows!
7  What days of 2010 will you remember?
Riding Morgan in an amazing leaf storm.  Losing 2 patients in rather dramatic ways back to back at work one day.  Trip across Canada (see earlier posts).
8  Your biggest success in 2010?
Getting Morgan home
9  And your worst failure?
Not losing weight!
10  Any injuries or diseases?
Lots of random diseasedness, minor injuries.....
11  What’s the best thing you bought in 2010?
Morganfee!!!  Oh, and a Wii Fit......And a truck
12  Any people that deserve special praise this year?
My coworkers at MJH who every day deal with tough situations.
13  Anyone whose actions shocked and frustrated you?
Management.  I'm going to leave it at that.
14  What did you spend most of your money for?
Cooking supplies, my horses, a truck....
15  What really pissed you off?
Management.  One of my sisters.....
16  What song will always remind you of 2010?
If I Die Young by the Band Perry.

17  In contrast to January 2010 you’re now….

Sadder or happier?
Happier
Thicker or thinner?
The same.

Richer or poorer?
Richer.
 
18  What would you’ve liked to do more often?
Walking in the woods, ridden my horse, hung out with friends.
19  And less often?
Work.
20  Did you fall in love in 2010?
No.
21  How many one-night-stands?
None.
22  What was your favorite TV show?
Grey's Anatomy, Top Chef.
23  Do you despise anything that you didn’t mind before?
Nope.
24  What was the best book you read?
Duma Key and Lisey's Story by Stephen King

25  What’s the best music you discovered this year?
*Some* rap/hip-hop. I never thought I liked it before, but I have found some I actually enjoy now.
26  What did you want and get?
Morganfee!
27  What did you want but didn’t get?
To go back to Haiti.
28  What are your favorite movies this year?
I think the only movie I saw in the theaters was Harry Potter, and wasn't that impressed.  For older movies I saw for the first time, I would have to go with Definitely, Maybe and Secret Life of Bees
29  What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
Turned 32.  I took a trip with a visiting friend to Williamsburg, then went kayaking on a river.
30  What would’ve made your year easier?
Having "backup" at work.  An indoor riding arena!
31  What would you call your style 2010?
Jeans and a tshirt.  Always.
32  How did you manage to not lose your mind?
Take slow deep breaths.  Ask for help.  Have a calming song - I personally prefer "Mia's Song" from Secret Life of Bees, and "Dona Nobis Pacem"
33 Which artist did you admire the most?
None
34  What political subject caught your interest most?
Health care reform.  If you work in the ER, it's easy to see the breakdown in the system, but I think they are going about it the wrong way.
35  Who did you miss?
Old friends.  My great-grandmother (who passed away the year before), esp around Christmas....

36  Who’s the best new person you met in 2010?
My friend Amanda.  My trainer, Catherine Sutton.
37   Quote a song that sums up your year 2010.
"Wish you were here".....
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place.....
39  Are there any important lessons you learned 2010?
When to ask for help.  How to be heard at work.  Trying to learn how not to be so whiney.

No comments:

Post a Comment