Monday, January 24, 2011

Being the Person that I want to be....

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river, and he's not the same man."

I saw this quote on a friend's facebook page today, and it caught my attention.  And it doesn't really have to do with today's post, but in a way it does.  Once upon a time, I was a horse person.  And an outdoorswoman, and there was nothing I liked better than to go hiking in Cameron Park.  Now I'm more of a homebody, who has the thought of going out and riding on pretty days, but doesn't do it near as much as I should.  So I have  begun to practice being the person that I want to be.  I go to the gym if I'm in town.  I joined an outdoor social club, in order to be around people, and to hold myself accountable for getting out and doing things, whether I really feel like it or not.  To force myself to ride when it's nice out (and even sometimes when it's not), because once I start, I really do like it.  To eat healthier.  To go for long walks in the woods with Zoey.  To carry my camera with me more again.  This is who I want to be, and I'm out of practice.....

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, so poetic and makes me miss ya all the more. Love ya! And i hope, at the end of the year, you find yourself to be the chica who you know you are n wanna be! --bambi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for who you are, Dawning! I am thankful for who you are, the whole time I've known you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete