Monday, November 8, 2010

San Diego, Day 1

For the first time in I can't remember how long, I had no trouble with my  flights!  I hope this trend continues.  Caught the flight from Richmond to Chicago, and had to run to catch my next one to San Diego, but made it in time, and arrived in San Diego @ 2:40p.  Hopped on the bus and checked into the hotel, which is right on the edge of the Gaslamp Quarter.  Only had a package of Snackwell cookies earlier, so immediately went to find food.  Everything in this area is expensive, including the grocery stores.  2 liters of soda were $2.75 each!  Stopped at Fred's for lunch/dinner and had a great carne asada burrito.  I love good Mexican food.  Then walked through the Gaslamp district down to the harbor, and got some pretty pics of the sun setting.  Now, I'm relaxing on a bed in the room, watching The Blind Side (they have a great free DVD rental area downstairs in the hotel), and drinking Diet Dr. Pepper out of a wine glass, just because.  Tomorrow is the San Diego Zoo, and playing it by ear after that.  I'd like to do a harbor cruise and visit Sea World, but I'm sure I'll be back to visit again some other time if I don't do everything.  Next time, I might rent a car and go see the Wildlife park and go kayaking in La Jolla.

No comments:

Post a Comment