Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.....

It's peaceful here....that's the main reason I chose this place to live.
The thunderstorms come in across the mountains, and I can sit on my balcony overlooking the horse pastures and watch them come.  I always have plenty of warning.  First, it's the light, distant echoes of faraway thunder gradually drawing nearer and nearer, while the blue sky slowly gives way to clouds.   Then the first few pitter patter of raindrops on the tin roof, and then, finally, sheets of rain coming down across the pasture and flowing off the roof of the barn.  What a soothing lullaby....
Occasionally, afterwards, a rainbow appears over the mountains.  The other day the rainbow ended on this side of the mountains, and I wondered what I would find at the rainbow's end. Life here is good.....
Some days at work are stressful, and some days life just breaks my heart.  But at the end of the day, I can come home, and pet my horses, and watch the reflection of the sunset on the mountains outside my balcony.  And if that's not enough, I can wake up early, and watch the sun rise through the mists over the mountains.  And wait for the rain to come......Watch the butterflies fluttering through  the fields, and the sunlight come through the trees in the forest behind the house.  Watch the young foxes playing over the railroad tracks.  And the cardinal that guards the barn, attacking every vehicle that dares park near.  This is my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment