Friday, May 14, 2010

April 30th - There is a waterfall....

The landscape here is rather flat and boring as we head out from Sault (pronounced sue) Ste Marie towards Thunder Bay, but driving around the Great Lakes is beautiful. My final destination for today was Thunder Bay, and while I enjoyed watching the lake as I passed, I found Thunder Bay to be disappointing, a rather ugly town. Though there is a park there in town that was rather nice to go hiking in. BUT, I saw on the map a place called Kakabeka Falls, which is a variation on the Indian phrase meaning “There is a waterfall”. And sure enough there was. A big, beautiful waterfall, with a nice park around it. A lot less crowded than Niagara, and while not as big, every bit as beautiful.

And I heard a song twice on the road today that I had never heard before and it was great. It was called, “Wavin’ Flag” by K’naan. My favorite part? The chorus: When I get older, I will be stronger, They’ll call me freedom, Just like a waving flag…..

No comments:

Post a Comment