Monday, February 22, 2010

Last Minute Trips...

Well, Bushkill Falls isn't open until April (good thing I checked before I left!), so was just chillin' around the house this weekend when Sunday morning hit and I just had to get out and go somewhere! So, it was off to the ocean with Zoey. We drove over to Yorktown, VA, which is a very cute, quaint little town, lots of old fashioned buildings, neat little shops, and a "ocean walk" that runs right along the beach, so you can walk for miles. Got lots of fun pictures, and Zoey got more socialization time in (she's a little shy). As I was driving from there to Norfolk, I realized how relaxed I was. It reminded me of a couple of years ago when we took my nephew on a road trip from Texas to Tennessee around Christmas (he was 4 at the time). It took us a while that the best way to keep him happy and us from going nuts was to make sure that he was fed, pottied, and walked often (I compared it to having a dog on the trip, which my sister didn't appreciate much!). The fed and pottied part were pretty simple, and every so often, we just made sure to stop at a rest area that had a playground, or a state park, where he could run around for a little while, and the trip went so much better! And my life is like that. I'm not happy unless I am traveled often, and those travels need to include the mountains and the ocean on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment